Tuition Reduction Incentive Program (TRIP) at PCA
The Plymouth Christian Academy Tuition Reduction Incentive Program (TRIP), is intended to provide additional support to families in the payment of their tuition. Participation is open to all parents, grandparents, relatives, friends, and anyone in the community who wishes to support tuition reduction at PCA.
The PCA TRIP program purchases gift cards/certificates from ShopWithScrip®, which supplies gift cards for various restaurants, grocery stores, retail stores, and service businesses. ShopWithScrip® offers rebates on the gift cards purchased resulting in families sharing in the rebate. Families in the program purchase these certificates at face value. The difference (credit) between the TRIP purchase price of the certificate and the full face value of the certificate is passed on to participating families for tuition reduction.
For example, a $100 gift card with a 4% rebate brings a $4 rebate. Of this rebate, 100% is credited to the family tuition account! There are hundreds of retailers with rebates ranging from 2% – 16%. Keep in mind these are monies you would already be spending, but with a little planning, you can significantly reduce your tuition by purchasing gift cards in advance!
Your tuition reduction rebate can be applied to your individual account, another family’s account, or the general PCA Scholarship Fund account.
If you have any questions regarding TRIP registration, please contact the PCA TRIP Coordinator, Laura Imlach at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All orders for physical gift cards must be received and paid in full by 9:00 am Tuesday morning. Any cards ordered that do not have payment attached with not be filled.
- Orders can be picked up in the Secondary Office or delivered to the student directly (this must be specified on your online account). Since cards are like cash, mailing will not be an option due to the risk.
- If an overpayment is made, a credit will be issued to the family for use against future orders. Credits must be used in the current school year.
- Any errors in the order must be reported to the school within a 48-hour period.
- All NSF checks will incur a $25 fee. The fee will have to be paid, along with the original amount, to PCA or deducted from your TRIP earnings before your next order will be processed.
- Rebates are credited to tuition accounts three times per year (July, December, and April). Families who have prepaid their tuition will earn rebates throughout the year and the total will be applied to the following year’s tuition.
- TRIP certificates are the same as cash. We will not accept responsibility for lost or misplaced cards. We cannot take back or refund any ordered certificates.
- Any unused rebates will be credited to the general PCA scholarship fund.
Click HERE to view more TRIP information.