I Peter 4:11
“If anyone serves, he should do it with the strength that God provides, so that in all things God may be praised through Jesus Christ.”
Parent Teacher Fellowship | Plymouth Christian Academy
The Parent Teacher Fellowship is committed to supporting the ministry of Plymouth Christian Academy. Our goals are to encourage every parent to get involved, to support the faculty in both personal and professional ways, and to build community and school spirit.
In order to accomplish this mission we:
- Creatively seek to promote opportunities for parents to serve and encourage teachers, staff, and students
- Promote fellowship among our school family and staff
- Raise money to provide a source of funding for special non-budgeted items as identified by staff and administration and voted on by the PTF
Parent Teacher Fellowship Meetings:
Due to COVID-19, regular meetings are still in the planning phases for the 2020-21 school year. As soon as the logistics are worked out, we will post that information to this page and to social media. You can also reach them by sending an email to PTF@plymouthchristian.org.
Supporting PCA Teachers
One of the goals of the Parent Teacher Fellowship is to support PCA teachers and their professional classroom needs. We aim to provide funds for items needed in the classroom that are above and beyond classroom budgets. Although we cannot meet every need and request, we will do our best to meet teachers’ needs in a timely fashion.
Teachers submit their requests to the Parent Teacher Fellowship, and the request is discussed at a PTF meeting. The requests are also listed below to make them known to our school family. We attempt to have all requests filled within 45 days as voted on by the PTF.
Parent Teacher Fellowship Fundraisers
The Plymouth Christian Academy Parent Teacher Fellowship seeks to strengthen the community at PCA and promote school spirit. They also hope for all parents to be involved in supporting PCA staff in both personal and professional ways. In order to fulfill these goals, the Parent Teacher Fellowship raises money to provide a source of funding for special non-budgeted items as identified by staff and administration and voted on by the PTF.
- Monetary contribution to complete the purchase of the new playground benches (Fall 2019)
- Monetary contribution to complete the purchase of the new picnic table located near the swings (Fall 2019)
- Annual fulfillment of many Teacher Classroom Wish List items
- Annual school & landscape clean-up days
- Establishment of PCA Welcome Back Picnic
- Purchase of electrical circuits for middle school science (Fall 2016)
- Purchase of Kindle Fire tablets for 3rd grade (Fall 2016)
- Purchase of new professional coffee maker for secondary teacher’s lounge (Fall 2015)
- Elementary Hallway Ceiling Tile Replacement Project (Summer 2015)
- Parking lot landscape grasses planted (Summer 2015)
- Assistance with the movement and rehanging of class composites (Winter 2014)
- Purchase of American flag for the Butler gymnasium (Winter 2014)
- Remodel of student cafe table area (Summer 2012)
- Addition of oven in secondary lunchroom (2012)
- Assisted with remodel of elementary and secondary offices (2011)
- Purchase of science overhead projector (2010)
- Purchase of library book carts (2009)
- Improvement of outdoor student eating area (2009)
- Rebuilding of flagpole island and landscape at school entrance (2009)
- Remodel of elementary and secondary teacher’s lounges (2007/2008)
- Purchase of student cafe tables (2007)
Parent Teacher Fellowship By-laws
You can learn more about the Parent Teacher Fellowship by downloading their by-laws.