Meet The Preschool Teachers & Staff
Mrs. Hay joined the preschool faculty in 2006 as the Master Teacher for the preschool. Before joining the preschool staff, Mrs. Hay taught Begindergarten, Kindergarten, 1st, and 3rd grades at Plymouth Christian Academy. She also serves as a Children’s Ministries Assistant at Calvary Baptist Church.
- BA in Elementary Education
- MA in Early Childhood Education
Mrs. Lindberg joined the preschool staff in 2010. She has previous experience as a secondary teacher, a preschool teacher, and a parent volunteer. Mrs. Lindberg also serves as a Children’s Ministries Assistant at Calvary Baptist Church.
- BA and Teaching Certificate, University of Michigan
Mrs. Morby joined the PCA faculty in 2010.
- BS in Family and Child Development, Eastern Michigan University
- Elementary Teaching Certificate with a special endorsement in Early Childhood Education, Eastern Michigan University
Meet The Begindergarten Teachers & Staff
Mrs. Newsome joined the PCA faculty in 2017. She has been teaching since 2011 as a kindergarten and 1st grade teacher. She and her husband Greg have two sons.
- BS in Elementary and Early Childhood Education, Eastern Michigan University
- MA in Reading, Eastern Michigan University
Mrs. Pugh joined the PCA faculty in January 2021 as the Begindergarten Assistant. She completed extensive coursework in education at Eastern Michigan University and has experience teaching in the BSF preschool program. She and her husband Kyle have 2 children at PCA.
Meet The Early Childhood Coordinator for Preschool & Begindergarten
Mrs. Varney has been a member of the PCA staff since 1977, when she served as a Preschool teacher. In 1988, she became the Early Childhood Coordinator, overseeing the Preschool and Begindergarten programs and working with the State of Michigan to license these programs. She has also served as the Admissions Director for PCA. In addition to her role at Plymouth Christian Academy, Mrs. Varney is also the Director of Children’s Ministries at Calvary Baptist Church.
Life Verse: “Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to Him and He will make your paths straight.” Proverbs 3:5-6
- BS & MA in Special Education, Speech and Language Impaired, Eastern Michigan University