The Parent Teacher Fellowship is committed to supporting the ministry of Plymouth Christian Academy. The goals are to encourage every parent to get involved, to support the faculty in both personal and professional ways, and to build community and school spirit.
In order to accomplish this mission we:
- Creatively seek to promote opportunities for parents to serve and encourage teachers, staff, and students
- Promote fellowship among our school family and staff
- Raise money to provide a source of funding for special non-budgeted items as identified by staff and administration and voted on by the PTF
The ultimate goal of all that the PTF does is to glorify the Lord and we believe that, “If anyone serves, he should do it with the strength that God provides, so that in all things God may be praised through Jesus Christ.” I Peter 4:11
PTF meetings will take place the 3rd Wednesday of the month at 8am in room 302, CBC. The following are the meeting dates:
PTF Officers 2017-2018:
- President-Andrea Shook
- Vice President-Gwen Brugger
- Treasurer-Jaime Palmby
- Secretary-Belinda Dotson
Teacher Wish List
One of the goals of the PTF is to support PCA teachers and their professional classroom needs. We desire to provide funds for items needed in the classroom, but that are above and beyond classroom budgets. Although we certainly cannot meet every need and request, we will do our best to meet teachers’ desired needs in a timely fashion.
Teachers submit their requests to the PTF, and the request is discussed at a PTF meeting. The requests are also listed below to make the requests known to our school family. We attempt to have all requests filled within 45 days as voted on by the PTF, within the PTF budget, or a family donation.
Current Teacher Wish List & School Improvement Items:
All-School Need: Laminator
If you wish to donate to the Teacher Wish List Items, please contact the PTF at email@example.com.
The Parent Teacher Fellowship desires to build a community at PCA and promote school spirit. They also desire for all parents to be involved to support PCA in both personal and professional ways. In order to fulfill these goals, the PTF raises money to provide a source of funding for special non-budgeted items as identified by staff and administration and voted on by the PTF.
PCA Purple and Gold 5k Walk/Run
Come out for a walk or a run and support a great cause! The PTF has joined together with PE Teacher, Mr. Steve Bauslaugh, to bring you the PCA Purple and Gold 5k. A portion of the proceeds support a World Vision child, with the remaining funds supporting the Parent Teacher Fellowship. The 2017 PCA Purple and Gold 5k takes place on Friday, October 13.
5:15 pm: 1/2 Mile Walk/Run for Children 12 and under (free)
5:30 pm: 5k for all ages
Eagle’s Nest is a ministry created to serve PCA’s parents and teachers. Gently used school uniform clothing is sold at minimal cost to PCA parents benefitting both PCA families and our wonderful teachers and staff.
For store appointments or any questions please email Melissa McCreedy at Melissa.McCreedy@plymouthchristian.org. Please stay tuned to the elementary newsletter and PCA social media for further updates about the school store.
Once monthly the PTF runs a popcorn sale for the entire school. If you’d like to join the popcorn team, contact Sandra Harju at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Assistance with the movement and rehanging of class composites (Winter 2014)
- Purchase of American flag for the Butler gymnasium (Winter 2014)
- Remodel of student cafe table area (Summer 2012)
- Addition of oven in secondary lunchroom (2012)
- Assisted with remodel of elementary and secondary offices (2011)
- Purchase of science overhead projector (2010)
- Purchase of library book carts (2009)
- Improvement of outdoor student eating area (2009)
- Rebuilding of flagpole island and landscape at school entrance (2009)
- Remodel of elementary and secondary teacher’s lounges (2007/2008)
- Purchase of student cafe tables (2007)
- Annual purchase of walkie-talkies for school staff
- Annual fulfillment of many Teacher Classroom Wish List items
- Annual school & landscape clean-up days
- Establishment of PCA Welcome Back Picnic
- Purchase of new professional coffee maker for secondary teacher’s lounge (Fall 2015)
- Elementary Hallway Ceiling Tile Replacement Project (Summer 2015)
- Parking lot landscape grasses planted (Summer 2015)
- Purchase of electrical circuits for middle school science (Fall 2016)
- Purchase of Kindle Fire tablets for 3rd grade (Fall 2016)
Servant Heart Award
“If anyone serves, he should do it with the strength God provides, so that in all things God may be praised through Jesus Christ.”
I Peter 4: 10, 11
Passionate volunteers provide encouragement, excitement, and energy to every event and program that takes place at PCA. The PTF recognizes the importance of our volunteers and the impact they make on our students and staff.
Each year the PTF honors a volunteer that has gone above and beyond to make a difference for our school. Someone who has not just given of their time, but of themselves; someone with the heart of a servant.
Servant Heart Award
Dr. and Mrs. David Butler: 2010-2011
Tammy Myers: 2009–2010
Peggy Paulson: 2012-2013
Kathy Smith, Diane Lauch & Lori Young: 2013-2014
The nominations and vote take place within the PTF in conjunction with school administration.
The PTF by-laws were amended in July 2012 and were approved by the PCA Regent Board. To download the bylaws, click HERE.