The Parent Teacher Fellowship is committed to supporting the ministry of Plymouth Christian Academy. The goals are to encourage every parent to get involved, to support the faculty in both personal and professional ways, and to build community and school spirit.
In order to accomplish this mission we:
- Creatively seek to promote opportunities for parents to serve and encourage teachers, staff, and students
- Promote fellowship among our school family and staff
- Raise money to provide a source of funding for special non-budgeted items as identified by staff and administration and voted on by the PTF
The ultimate goal of all that the PTF does is to glorify the Lord and we believe that, “If anyone serves, he should do it with the strength that God provides, so that in all things God may be praised through Jesus Christ.” I Peter 4:11
Stay tuned for the list of PTF meeting dates for 2016-2017. Coming soon!
PTF Officers 2016-2017:
- President-Andrea Shook
- Vice President-Gwen Brugger
- Treasurer-Nancy Chapman
- Secretary-Belinda Dotson
Teacher Wish List
One of the goals of the PTF is to support PCA teachers and their professional classroom needs. We desire to provide funds for items needed in the classroom, but that are above and beyond classroom budgets. Although we certainly cannot meet every need and request, we will do our best to meet teachers’ desired needs in a timely fashion.
Teachers submit their requests to the PTF, and the request is discussed at a PTF meeting. The requests are also listed below to make the requests known to our school family. We attempt to have all requests filled within 45 days as voted on by the PTF, within the PTF budget, or a family donation.
Current Teacher Wish List & School Improvement Items:
The PTF hopes to repair and refinish the deck on the school store that is located on the east side of the PCA parking lot. If you are gifted in this area and would like to assist, please contact Peggy Paulson at Peggy.Paulson@plymouthchristian.org.
If you wish to donate to the Teacher Wish List Items, please contact the PTF at email@example.com.
Servant Heart Award
“If anyone serves, he should do it with the strength God provides, so that in all things God may be praised through Jesus Christ.”
I Peter 4: 10, 11
Passionate volunteers provide encouragement, excitement, and energy to every event and program that takes place at PCA. The PTF recognizes the importance of our volunteers and the impact they make on our students and staff.
Each year the PTF honors a volunteer that has gone above and beyond to make a difference for our school. Someone who has not just given of their time, but of themselves; someone with the heart of a servant.
Servant Heart Award
Dr. and Mrs. David Butler: 2010-2011
Tammy Myers: 2009–2010
Peggy Paulson: 2012-2013
Kathy Smith, Diane Lauch & Lori Young: 2013-2014
The nominations and vote take place within the PTF in conjunction with school administration.
The Parent Teacher Fellowship desires to build a community at PCA and promote school spirit. They also desire for all parents to be involved to support PCA in both personal and professional ways. In order to fulfill these goals, the PTF raises money to provide a source of funding for special non-budgeted items as identified by staff and administration and voted on by the PTF.
Eagle’s Nest is a ministry created to serve PCA’s parents and teachers. Gently used school uniform clothing is sold at minimal cost to PCA parents benefitting both PCA families and our wonderful teachers and staff.
The store is scheduled to be open on the following dates and times as we welcome the 2016-2017 school year:
August 25th 6:00pm-7:30pm
August 26th 10:00am-1:30pm
August 30th 4:00pm-7:00pm
September 6th 11am-1:00pm
For store appointments or any questions please email Andrea Shook at Andrea.Shook@plymouthchristian.org or Gwen Brugger at Grbdtb@gmail.com. Please stay tuned to the elementary newsletter and PCA social media for further updates about the school store.
The PTF coordinators with the lunchroom staff to provide Subway Sandwich Sales monthly. Please watch your child’s lunchroom menu for the dates of the sales.
Once monthly the PTF runs a popcorn sale for the entire school. If you’d like to join the popcorn team, contact Sandra Harju at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions/Concerns may be directed to email@example.com
- Weekly meeting of Prayer Partners
- Assistance with the movement and rehanging of class composites (Winter 2014)
- Purchase of American flag for the Butler gymnasium (Winter 2014)
- Remodel of student cafe table area (Summer 2012)
- Addition of oven in secondary lunchroom (2012)
- Assisted with remodel of elementary and secondary offices (2011)
- Purchase of science overhead projector (2010)
- Purchase of library book carts (2009)
- Improvement of outdoor student eating area (2009)
- Rebuilding of flagpole island and landscape at school entrance (2009)
- Remodel of elementary and secondary teacher’s lounges (2007/2008)
- Purchase of student cafe tables (2007)
- Annual purchase of walkie-talkies for school staff
- Annual fulfillment of many Teacher Classroom Wish List items
- Annual school & landscape clean up days
- Establishment of PCA Welcome Back Picnic
- Purchase of new professional coffee maker for secondary teacher’s lounge (Fall 2015)
- Elementary Hallway Ceiling Tile Replacement Project (Summer 2015)
- Parking lot landscape grasses planted (Summer 2015)
The PTF by-laws were amended in July 2012 and were approved by the PCA Regent Board. To download the bylaws, click HERE.