Meet The Secondary Faculty
Mr. Murray has been a member of the PCA faculty since 2010. He is a sponsor for the PCA Student Council.
- BS in Mathematics/Physics
- BS in Mechanical Engineering
- MA in Secondary Mathematics/Physics
Dr. Muse has taught a total of 19 years at the high school and university level including Madonna University and Schoolcraft College. He joined the PCA faculty in 2018 and brings inquiry-based learning and takes advantage of the best practices that he has tested in his classroom. He believes in the 3 “R’s” of education: Rigor, Relevance, and Relationships. According to Dr. Muse, “Developing students with the acquisition of practical and investigational skills particularly in chemistry, biology, and physics is my greatest God-given strength.”
- BS in Genetics & Development, University of Illinois
- Doctorate of Philosophy in Cell and Molecular Biology, Specialization: Molecular Biology and Biochemistry, University of Michigan
Mrs. Parsons joined the PCA staff in 1991 and served as the high school counselor until 2004. She returned as a member of the PCA faculty in 2012. She teaches Government, Economics, AP Government, Civil and Criminal Law.
- BA in History and Political Science, Calvin College
- MA in Guidance and Counseling, Eastern Michigan University
Mr. Rigby joined the PCA faculty in 2019. Steve studied secondary education at Cornerstone University in Grand Rapids. There he met his wife, Leah. They moved to South Korea to teach at an international school for three years. Since coming back, Steve has had positions as a reading and math specialist.
- BA in Secondary Education, Cornerstone University
Mrs. Rigby joined the PCA faculty in 2019. She grew up in Pennsylvania and was very active in her theater department as a student. While she studied English education at Cornerstone University in Grand Rapids, Leah starred in several productions and even landed an award for her acting performance in Anne of Green Gables. Leah is married to Steve Rigby and together they moved to South Korea to teach at an international school for 3 years. Leah is very excited to work with PCA’s theater department and becoming a part of the family!
- Bachelor of Arts in English Education, Cornerstone University