Technology | Plymouth Christian Academy
In a dynamically changing environment, we have found that the technology-infused learning environment at Plymouth Christian Academy expands the classroom experience beyond traditional approaches. At PCA, we have incorporated technology into the daily learning experience of our students through the Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) Program, SMART Boards, and computer labs.
PCA Technology Goals
- Prepare students for a technology-rich future and provide them with the necessary skills they need for success in our global economy.
- Improve the way teachers and students engage, interact, and partner with each other through the use of technology.
- Provide students with the necessary technological tools and activities that promote problem-solving, critical thinking, collaboration, and innovation.
- Improve communication between teachers and parents in an efficient and effective manner through the parent portal.
- Respond more effectively to and support various student needs.
- Educate students on the ethical use of technology so that they can be equipped to “transform the world for Jesus Christ.”
- Improve the quality of student learning, academic achievement, and communication so they can connect and collaborate with the greater community and the world consistently.
As a Christian private school, the Plymouth Christian Academy faculty
is committed to developing these goals as we develop
lifelong learners, leaders, and servants.
Technology Facilities at PCA
At Plymouth Christian Academy, our students enjoy a learning environment rich in technology across the curriculum. Every PCA classroom from Begindergarten through 12th grade features SMART Board technology. There are three computer labs available to students of all ages: Elementary Computer Lab, Middle School Computer Lab, and High School Computer Lab.
In the summer of 2014, the Elementary Computer Lab was upgraded with 25 Lenovo Thinkstations. All secondary students (7th-12th grade) are required to bring their own device to school for use in their classes.
Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) Model
BYOD model extends and enriches learning by:
- Shifting instruction towards more student-centered learning, where inquiry, critical thinking, and authentic learning are emphasized.
- Aligning PCA with current accreditation requirements for continuous school improvement.
- Focusing on 21st-century learning objectives, including creative thinking, collaboration, communication, self-direction, global awareness, and cultural literacy.
Plymouth Christian Academy is committed to preparing students to be literate, responsible citizens in a global economy. We are committed to providing innovative, 21st century educational best practices through the exciting technology advancements taking place on our campus. It is our continued desire to help students develop a God-honoring digital footprint by teaching them the ethical use of technology and skills they will need for a career. We encourage you to learn more by downloading the BYOD Policy & Contract 2020-21.