Plymouth Christian Academy, in partnership with parents, educates students from a biblical worldview and equips them for a lifetime of learning, leadership and service
The purpose of PCA is to produce students matured in their love for God, steeped in His word, educated about His world, dedicated to lives of service and learning, and prepared to fulfill their calling in His kingdom
Our Core Values
Christ-Centered, Academic Minded, Relationally Focused, Excellence Driven, Spiritually Grounded
Jesus Christ is central to all academic, spiritual, and physical instruction
The school is focused academically in providing a strong college preparatory program
We believe that we are called to do all things with excellence as we strive to advance each student in four life areas: spiritual, academic, social, and physical
Because we believe that the Bible is the inerrant, literal, and the source of absolute truth, it provides the foundation for all that we do
Philosophy of Education at Plymouth Christian Academy
The educational process at Plymouth Christian Academy correlates and integrates curriculum methods with the Bible. We provide a Christian worldview and essential truths for life so that young people will be prepared to lead in their home, their church, and in their community. Accordingly, the philosophy of Christian education for Plymouth Christian Academy is as follows:
- Plymouth Christian Academy shall perpetuate standards established by the Michigan Department of Education and Federal Government as minimum requirements for the staff.
- Plymouth Christian Academy shall guide students to integrate the Word of God in our contemporary society. The Bible is inerrant, literal and our source of absolute truth. Moral truth is objective, absolute and dependent only upon the unchanging Word of God. In an ever-changing world, God and His Word remain as the only constant (John 14:6, 17:17).
- Plymouth Christian Academy shall require students to become independent readers, well equipped to read the Word of God and other quality literature. Our ultimate teacher is the Holy Spirit who will enable, illuminate and guide each teacher and student into all truth (John 14:26).
- Plymouth Christian Academy shall work in conjunction with the home. It is our goal to work in unison with the parent, complementing and encouraging biblically-based morality, values, and beliefs (Deut. 6:4-9, Psalm 4:1-5).
- Plymouth Christian Academy shall strive for excellence in every realm: mental, social, physical, and spiritual. We recognize that each child is a unique, complex, and beloved creation of God. We will strive to develop within each child the potential of their God-given gifts and talents as a servant of a sovereign God, living according to an unseen but eternal reality (Ps. 139, Matt 22:37-39).
- Plymouth Christian Academy shall use the school and the faculty’s technological training and experience to help each child progress and perform to his/her greatest ability and potential.
- At Plymouth Christian Academy, we teach that the entire process of education is an instrument used by the Holy Spirit to evangelize, to edify and to equip the student to fulfill God’s total purpose for his or her life, personally and vocationally (Eph. 6:13; 2 Tim. 3:17).