In a dynamically changing environment, we have found that a technology-infused learning environment expands the classroom experience beyond traditional approaches. At PCA, we have incorporated technology into the lives of our students through the “Bring Your Own Device” Program, SMART Boards and computer labs. Thank you for your interest in the technology initiatives at PCA. If you have any questions, please contact the PCA IT Department.
- Prepare students for a technology-rich future and provide them with the necessary skills they need for success in our global economy.
- Actively seek new ways to transform the classroom learning environment and improve the way teachers and students engage, interact and partner with each other through the use of technology.
- Provide students with an evolving array of technological tools and activities that promote problem-solving, critical thinking, collaboration and innovation.
- Improve communication between teachers and parents in an efficient and effective manner through parent portal.
- Respond more effectively to and support various learner needs.
- Continue to teach students discernment and the ethical use of technology so that they can be equipped to “transform the world for Jesus Christ.”
- Improve the quality of student learning, academic achievement, and communication so they can connect and collaborate with the greater community and the world consistently.
As a Christian school, the faculty at Plymouth Christian Academy is committed to developing these goals as we develop life-long learners, leaders and servants.
At Plymouth Christian, our students enjoy a learning environment rich in technology across the curriculum. Every PCA classroom from Begindergarten through 12th grade features SMART Board technology. There are three computer labs available to students of all ages: Elementary Computer Lab, Middle School Computer Lab, and High School Computer Lab. During the summer of 2014, the Elementary Computer Lab was upgraded with 25 Lenovo Think Stations. All secondary students (7th-12th grade) are required to bring their own device to school for use in their classes.
The BYOD model extends and enriches learning by:
- Shifting instruction towards more student-centered learning, where inquiry, critical thinking and authentic learning are emphasized.
- Aligning PCA with current accreditation requirements for continuous school improvement.
- Focusing on 21st century learning objectives, including creative thinking, collaboration, communication, self-direction, global awareness and cultural literacy.
Plymouth Christian Academy is committed to preparing students to be literate, responsible citizens in a global economy. We are committed to provide innovative, 21st century educational best practices through the exciting technology advancements taking place on our campus. It is our continued desire to help students develop a God-honoring digital footprint by teaching them the ethical use of technology and skills they will need for a career. Click HERE to read the BYOD Information Packet & PCA Technology Policy.