Our Response to COVID-19| Plymouth Christian Academy
Dear PCA families,
- Elementary Office: 9am - 3pm, 734-459-3505, x. 3125
- Secondary Office: 9am - 3pm, 734-459-3505, x. 3121
- Caryn Huntsman: 9am-3pm, 734-459-3505, x. 3131
- Ryan Batson: 9am-3pm, 734-459-3505, x. 3140
- Matt Windle: 9am-3pm, 734-459-3505, x. 3198
- Athletic Office: 9am-3pm, 734-459-3505, x. 3117
- Dana Zambeck: 9am-3pm, 734-746-5002 ext. 2
- Advancement Office: 9am-3pm, 734-459-3505, x. 3143
- Business Office: 9am - 3pm, 734-459-3505, x. 3195
- Admissions Office: 9am - 3pm, 734-746-5002 ext. 1
- IT Hotline: Help Desk - firstname.lastname@example.org. Our IT department will work to respond within their office hours of 9am-3pm or within 24 hours.
Health & Wellness | Plymouth Christian Academy
To review the previous communications from Plymouth Christian to our community, please click the following links:
To stay connected and receive our communications going forward, please subscribe to the PCA Blog by entering your email in the footer at the bottom of this page. Thank you!
School Closure & Distance Learning FAQ's
Our senior trip is coordinated by the travel company, Joshua Expeditions. We have contacted Joshua Expeditions, and are working to possibly reschedule this trip for a week between the dates of June 7-16.
We are in the planning stages of an event that will replace the senior walk, yet keep our students safe. Stay tuned for details! We will be hosting a virtual Legacy Chapel near the end of May.
These amazing trips have been rescheduled and will take place during Explore Week, 2021. We are pleased to announce that we will be taking both the 8th and 9th-grade classes to the Ark and the Sophomores and Juniors to DC.
The virus is thought to spread mainly from person-to-person.
- Between people who are in close contact with one another (within about 6 feet).
- Through respiratory droplets produced when an infected person coughs or sneezes.
These droplets can land in the mouths or noses of people who are nearby or possibly be inhaled into the lungs.
Can someone spread the virus without being sick?
- People are thought to be most contagious when they are most symptomatic (the sickest).
- Some spread might be possible before people show symptoms; there have been reports of this occurring with this new coronavirus, but this is not thought to be the main way the virus spreads.
Spread from contact with infected surfaces or objects
It may be possible that a person can get COVID-19 by touching a surface or object that has the virus on it and then touching their own mouth, nose, or possibly their eyes, but this is not thought to be the main way the virus spreads.
How easily the virus spreads
How easily a virus spreads from person-to-person can vary. Some viruses are highly contagious (spread easily), like measles, while other viruses do not spread as easily. Another factor is whether the spread is sustained, spreading continually without stopping.
The virus that causes COVID-19 seems to be spreading easily and sustainably in the community (“community spread”) in some affected geographic areas.
Information from CDC
Visit the COVID-19 Prevention and Treatment page to learn about how to protect yourself.
Information from the CDC
Reported illnesses have ranged from mild symptoms to severe illness and death for confirmed coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) cases.
Symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure*:
- Shortness of breath
Call your healthcare professional if you develop symptoms, and have been in close contact with a person known to have COVID-19 or if you have recently traveled from an area with widespread or ongoing community spread of COVID-19.
Helpful Resources | Plymouth Christian Academy
- Zero to Thrive at the University of Michigan has partnered with Tender Press Books to produce a children’s coloring book to help children process their feelings related to COVID-19. You can download and print that coloring book Georgie and the Giant Germ
- Resource for how to talk to children and adolescents about COVID-19
- 14 things to do if you live with someone who has COVID-19
- Updated Information on COVID-19: What you can do to protect against Coronavirus, Michigan Medical, Feb. 28, 2020
- Clorox 360 Cleaning System
- PCA's Cleaning Company, Corporate Cleaning
- Interested in learning more and printing posters to train your children about proper handwashing? Click HERE.