PCA Snapshot Week of November 18-November 23
By: WebmasterDate: Nov 17, 2019 Tags: School News
Elementary Express & Secondary Snapshot, November 18-November 23
The anticipation and the experience of our school’s auction are not easily described. From the festive décor to the warmth and generosity our families, we were overwhelmed and deeply appreciative for the labor of love that went into this year’s Christmas Town Auction. We were blessed to see so many of our new PCA families jump right in, volunteering, donating and praying for our school’s big night. The countless hours that everyone puts into this incredible event truly speaks to the PCA Spirit.
Christmas Town was a night we will all remember for many years to come! The children’s choirs and high school singers and actors, under the direction of Carolyn Kedney, captured our hearts with Christmas music and put us in the spirit of giving. Our own Suzy Wright, sang “Winter Snow” and pointed us to the cross, the reason for the season! Our first ever “Cupcake Reveal” was a huge success! Many thanks to PCA Parent, Amy Buchler, for making and donating 130 delectable cupcakes!
What some auctions call “Fund A Need” we have affectionately renamed, “I LOVE PCA”. It’s the time during the LIVE Auction that guests are invited to raise their paddles at various levels to make a pledge to expand the mission of PCA. In just a few minutes, paddles went up all over the place to raise more nearly $20,000. We were beyond blessed to have a donor match our “I LOVE PCA” efforts, dollar for dollar! The Lord chose to bless us and we are ever grateful!
A special and heartfelt thank you to our amazing auction team and awesome Class Basket Parents. Their hard work and dedication made the night a reality and we couldn’t have done it without their spirit of giving and months of preparation.
Thanks to every parent, every teacher, every staff member, and every ministry partner who procured an item, made a call, donated an item, sponsored the kids, made a bid, hung a decoration, bought a ticket or prayed for a successful evening. Your investment in the future of our students and our school is the reason why our students stand out for Christ in this world and why we are able to do the work we do. With God’s hand upon our school, we were able to raise over $115,000 for our students. This is a wonderful testament to the strong community we have here at Plymouth Christian Academy.
We would like to extend our sincere gratitude to the community and hundreds of local businesses for their generosity, enthusiasm and heartfelt support of Plymouth Christian Academy.
We were thrilled by the crowd that turned out—over 350 guests came out to support PCA’s mission to raise up a generation of leaders for Him! Our students truly make a difference in the world. The success of our fundraising events is critical to the vitality and growth of our school, and to our service to the students and their families.
Until next year’s auction – We wish for you and your family a very Merry Christmas season!
Beth, Peggy, & Missy
PCA Advancement Team
Monday, November 18
- Moms in Prayer, 8am, Church Nursery
- High School Boys Basketball Try-outs, 3:15-5pm in the Butler gym
- PTF Meeting, 3:15pm, Room 302 (CBC)
Thursday, November 21
- Winter Sports Student-Athlete and Parent Meeting, 5:30pm, Butler Gym. This meeting applies to JV & Varsity Boys Basketball, JV & Varsity Girls Basketball, Varsity Competitive Cheerleading, Varsity Boys Bowling and Varsity Girls Bowling. Upon the conclusion of Mr. Windle’s portion of the meeting, at approximately 6:00 pm, the coach(es) of each sport will conduct their parent meetings with the exception of Varsity Competitive Cheerleading.
Friday, November 22
- PTF Popcorn Friday,The PTF will begin Popcorn Friday sales next Friday, November 22. Students in preschool – 6th grade can order popcorn using the order form that will go home with them mid-week. Simply fill in the number of boxes of popcorn you want to purchase, send in the correct amount of money, and your child will receive their popcorn delivered directly to their classroom on Friday afternoon. Students 7th-12th grade can purchase popcorn in the Activity Center or hallway near the concession stand following school. Cost: $1/box.
Saturday, November 23
- PCA Robotics Presents Programming Bootcamp, 8th grade and up are invited to join PCA alumni, Keith Boruta, Software Engineer, & Phill Tran, Senior Drupal Developer, from 9am-2pm, for this programming bootcamp. Register with you phone by scanning the QR code or by contacting Mrs. Jessica Wash.
We recommend spending a few minutes reading the full newsletter that is applicable to your child’s grades.
Game Calendar, Monday, November 18, through Friday, November 22
Monday, Nov. 18th
MS Girls Basketball vs. Whitmore Lake Middle School / Home / 5:30 pm
6th Girls Basketball vs. Whitmore Lake Middle School / Home / 4:30 pm
Thursday, Nov. 21st
MS Girls Basketball vs. Parkway Christian / Home / 5:30 pm
6th Girls Basketball vs. Parkway Christian / Home / 4:30 pm
Friday, Nov. 22nd
MS Girls Basketball at Roeper at Roeper Community Center / Away / 6:30 pm
6th Girls Basketball at Roeper at Roeper Community Center / Away / 5:30 pm
5th Girls Basketball at Roeper at Roeper Community Center / Away / 4:30 pm