National German Week Being Celebrated at PCA
By: WebmasterDate: Sep 30, 2017 Tags: School News
PCA Deutschklub (PCA German Club) invites the secondary student body to help them celebrate National German Week, October 2-6! They will be putting up interactive displays on campus during that week and asking our PCA students and staff to share their responses. Each response that includes a first and last name will be entered into a drawing for a basket of German treats, including Gummibären, Schokolade and soda drinks from Germany! Students in German classes will be given Spirit Points toward their class competition, and students outside of German classes who participate will earn additional drawing entries. Note each day’s events below and watch in the Activity Center daily for ways you can join in.
- Monday, October 2: Schwarz-Rot-Gold Day (regular dress code, but wear ONLY the black-red-gold combination, the colors of the German flag)
- Tuesday, October 3: Day of German Unity (German National Holiday)
- Wednesday, October 4: National Teach German Day
- Thursday, October 5: Famous German-Americans Day (PCA Senior Morgan Raymond will speak during lunch in
Room 7, show us her pictures from her stay in Germany this summer and talk about her experiences there)
- Friday, October 6: National German-American Day (Share your German Heritage!)
PCA’s German Club is hopeful that this will be a chance not just to celebrate a background many Americans have in common, but will also provide opportunities to talk about and celebrate everyone’s family and heritage, as well as God’s love and faithfulness that have brought us here!