Plymouth Christian Academy, located on a beautiful, 45-acre campus in Canton, Michigan, welcomes students from all cultures around the world. We are committed to providing a caring and supportive environment that will help prepare international students to successfully achieve their educational goals. Established in 1976, PCA has a rich and respected history as an excellent Christian school characterized by an integrated Christian worldview, academic rigor, a rich fine arts program, a competitive athletic program, and a variety of leadership and service opportunities. We offer a dual-enrollment program with surrounding colleges and universities as well as many Advanced Placement courses. Graduates of Plymouth Christian Academy are enrolled in highly competitive universities around the country.
Admission to PCA is open to academically qualified students who are seeking a nurturing Christian atmosphere. We accept students of all races, nationalities and ethnic origins. Plymouth Christian issues I-20 status to students who meet all general admissions requirements for the program. Our International HomeStay Program allows students to live with English-speaking, Christian families who provide support and help students acclimate to the language and culture in a nurturing environment.
International Student Tuition
International Student Tuition Rates (Grades 9-12)
|Tuition plus Housing||Tuition without Housing|
International Student Application Fee: $500 (non-refundable)
International Student Homestay Program
Do you feel called of God to use your home as a ministry? Would you like to bring another culture into your home and share the American culture with someone from another country by hosting a high school student who is far away from home? If you said yes to either of these questions, then we need you! We are expanding our International Student Program and looking for families who will offer the best possible environment for our international students while they are stateside. Learn more and find the Homestay Program Application HERE.
International Student Program Q & A
- We accept international students entering our school in grades 9,10,11, or 12.
- 98% of our graduates go on to attend colleges and universities of their choice around the country: Abilene Christian University, Adrian College, Albion College, Azusa Pacific University, Barry University, Belmont University, Calvin College, Cedarville College, Central Michigan University, Cornerstone University, Dartmouth College, Eastern Michigan University, Ferris State University, Grand Valley State University, Henry Ford College, Hillsdale College, Hope College, Indiana Wesleyan University, Kalamazoo College, Kendall College of Art & Design, Kettering University, Lawrence Technological University, LeTourneau University, Liberty University, Lipscomb University, Loyola University, Madonna University, Marietta College, Michigan State University, Michigan Technological University, Moody Bible Institute, North Park University, Oklahoma Christian University, Oral Roberts University, Purdue University, Rochester College, Schoolcraft College, Spring Arbor University, Taylor University, United States Air Force Academy, University of Alabama, University of California, Berkley University of California, Riverside University of Detroit Mercy, University of Michigan, University of Notre Dame, Vanderbilt University, Wayne State University, Western Michigan University and Wheaton College.
- The date to return completed applications for any given school year, along with the $500 application fee (non-refundable), is March 1 for priority consideration.
- Documents that need to be submitted online are:
- a. Application, filled out by the parent, guardian, or student, along with the application fee of $500. Application fee is non-refundable.
- b. Student Information Form, Parent/Guardian Agreement Statement, Education History
- c. Health Immunization Records
- d. Photocopy of the applicant’s passport
- e. Student Photo
- Applicant must submit a minimum Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) score of 44 with a score of 11 on each sub section. TOEFL scores may be waived for the 2014/2015 school year if the Skype interview demonstrates proficiency in English.
- After all applications have been submitted and received initial approval, an interview is scheduled. Final admissions decisions are made by May 1 if the application is received by the priority deadline.
- Tuition + Housing = $28,000
- Tuition without Housing = $19,760
- International students must obtain an F-1 visa from their local US Embassy to attend school in the U.S. In order to obtain an F-1 visa, the international student must first be accepted at a SEVIS-approved school, such as Plymouth Christian Academy. After the student has been accepted to PCA, we will issue the student an I-20 form. PCA will send the I-20 by certified mail courier to the student in their home country. The student must login to the SEVIS website to activate their record prior to the visa interview.
- PCA does have an English as a second language program for our international students. Because our international students are combined with our American students in all the college preparatory classes, each student accepted to PCA needs to demonstrate strong abilities in written and spoken English. Students who obtain a TOEFL score of 48 or higher should generally do well in classes at PCA. Students who obtain a TOEFL score of 44-47 are admissible at PCA, but might need additional English tutoring. If extensive tutoring is needed, PCA will help set up qualified tutors and students may incur an additional fee for tutoring. In addition, students must be able to listen and speak comfortably during the in-person Skype interview with our Admissions Team.
- PCA does not board international students but we assist in finding HomeStay families. Some students stay with friends or relatives in the area. Our International HomeStay Program allows students to live with English-speaking, PCA families who provide support and help students acclimate to the language and culture in a safe and nurturing environment.
- Host families have a personal interview with our Admissions Team. The family with which the student lives must have at least one adult over the age of 25; married couples are preferred. The guardian should have a Limited Power of Attorney form signed and on file with PCA so that we can share information related to the student’s progress in our school. The Limited Power of Attorney form should be written to give the guardian the legal authority to make decisions about the student’s health, education and general welfare. Communication, attention and integration are the key ingredients of a successful HomeStay program. Host Families welcome their young guest like a member of the family, talk to them frequently and do all they can to make sure their educational experience at PCA is a success. On a basic level, the Host Family provides food and accommodation as well as sharing their everyday activities with their guest (meals, family life, family outings).
- We accept students who, along with their parents or guardians, may not be Christians but are very open to learning more about Jesus Christ and the Bible. Although each student is free to make his/her own choice about the Lord, we will present what the Bible says about a relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Weather in the U.S. Midwest(Canton, MI) can vary greatly between winter and summer. In the winter months, (November-February) temperatures range between 20 and 45 degrees Fahrenheit. Spring and autumn temperatures tend to be moderate, ranging from the 50s to 70s. Summers in the Midwest (June – August) tend to be warm. Temperatures in the 80s and 90s are common. No matter when you are visiting the Midwest, pack layers so you can adjust to changing temperatures.
- Plymouth and Canton are considered suburbs of Detroit, Michigan and are located approximately 45 minutes by car from Detroit. Plymouth and Canton are also approximately 30 minutes by car from Ann Arbor, Michigan, where the University of Michigan is located. Both Plymouth and Canton are mid-size towns with spacious neighborhoods and safe and lively downtown areas. We are also five hours by car from Chicago and Niagara Falls.
- HomeStay families provide transportation to and from Plymouth Christian Academy. The Plymouth-Canton area does not have public transportation.
- Yes, all international students must have health insurance to attend our school. Families are required to provide verification that the insurance is in place. Learn more & set up your plan at International Student Insurance.
- Yes. PCA teachers and staff are happy to communicate with parents through email, phone-calls, Skype sessions, or in other ways. Parents can make this request at the time of application or anytime after a student arrives at PCA.
We are thrilled to help your student gain the best possible learning experience in a loving, caring and supportive environment at Plymouth Christian Academy. If you have any further questions please contact our Admissions Department at email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you soon!
- Submit $500 Application Fee (non-refundable).
- Complete and submit the Application including photo, transcripts and visa.
- You will receive a welcome email and we will set up a Skype interview with the Admissions Team.
- If accepted, an acceptance letter, I-20 and admission forms will be sent to you to complete and return with full tuition. Tuition is due by August 1st.
- International students must attend a New International Student Orientation in August to help them transition smoothly into their new school.