The PCA Library/Media Center grows each year with new titles and resources, as we work to provide our students with the necessary tools to enhance their education at PCA. The Library/Media Center contains 16,000 titles, divided into secondary and elementary sections. There are 10 computers with the following:
- Online Public Access Catalog
- Accelerated Reader Quiz Program
- Research databases through the Michigan Electric Library
There is a full Reference section for research:
- SIRS magazine resources
- Information plus statistical resources
- Current World Book and World Book Student Discovery for Elementary
- Career Books
Picture book section:
- Graded readers
- Easy reading sections
Each week, elementary students visit the library for a 30-minute time period. During this time, students may check out books and are taught library, literacy, and research skills. Students in grades 3-6 often have other opportunities during the week to renew, return, and check out new books. Students have access to a variety of fiction and nonfiction books, reference materials, and computers that can be used for word processing, PowerPoint, and Internet research. In addition, teachers may reserve the library for class research papers and projects.
The PCA library provides secondary students a large selection of fiction and nonfiction books, in addition to online resources and reference materials needed for research projects.
The PCA library has many books available for our parents. This includes a number of books by notable authors such as Dr. James Dobson, Gary Smalley, and others. We invite you to visit during library hours.
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday: 7:15am-3:15pm
- Thursday: 7:15am-11:15pm
- Friday: Closed
The State of Michigan provides all Michigan residents with access to the Michigan eLibrary, which is stocked with full-text articles, full-text books, digital images, and valuable research information. The Michigan eLibrary also allows residents to borrow books and other materials for free from participating libraries through an interlibrary loan system. To visit the Michigan eLibrary, CLICK HERE.
Students can also access the PCA library through our online system. To visit the PCA Online Library, CLICK HERE.
Elementary students are encouraged to visit the the following databases made available through the Michigan eLibrary:
- Bookflix-An interactive experience for students in Prek-5th grade that allows them to explore fiction and non-fiction and increase understanding and fluency.
- eBook K-8th Collection-Online fiction and nonfiction books, including picture books, homework topics, and languages learning.
- eLibrary Elementary: PreK-5th grade-Magazines, newspapers, books, maps, pictures, television and radio transcripts, audio/video, and web links.
- Kids InfoBits, PreK-5th grade-Perfect for beginning researchers in Kindergarten through Grade 5. Covers geography, current events, the arts, science, health, people, government, history, sports and more.
The following research sites contain many databases that provide valuable information for secondary students: