Secondary Vocal Music Teacher
Ms. Heath joined the PCA faculty in 2015. In addition to her work as the secondary vocal teacher, Ms. Heath also leads the elementary special choirs. Ms. Heath is currently pursing a master’s degree in Educational Technology from Central Michigan University.
- BA in Music Education, Madonna University
- MA in Educational Technology, Central Michigan University
Middle School & High School Physical Education Teacher
Mr. Bauslaugh has been a member of the PCA faculty since 1979. In addition to his class schedule, he is also a motivator for PCA staff, coordinating the annual Staff Fitness Challenge and offering personal training sessions.
- BS in Bible, Liberty University
- BS in Physical Education, Wayne State University
- MS in Physical Education, Eastern Michigan University
- Certified Personal Trainer-ACE
Middle School Mathematics Teacher
Mrs. Boyd has been a member of the PCA faculty since 1984. She teaches middle school Math.
- BA, Seton Hill College in Pennsylvania
- MA, University of Michigan
Elementary & Secondary Physical Education and Health Teacher
Mrs. Brodhagen has been a member of the PCA faculty since 2003. She teaches elementary and secondary Physical Education and secondary Health. She is the sponsor for the Class of 2017.
- BS in Physical Education, Minor in Health, University of Michigan
- MS in Curriculum and Instruction, Concordia University
Middle School & High School German Teacher
Mrs. Carlson has been a member of the PCA faculty since 2006. In 2003, Mrs. Carlson began working on her Ph.D. in German Studies at the University of Michigan. She is the German Club and Delta Epsilon Phi National German Honor Society Sponsor.
- BA in German Language and Literature, University of Montana, Missoula
- MA in German Studies, University of Montana, Missoula
- K-12 Teaching Certificate in German Education
Secondary Science Teacher
Miss Cole joined the PCA faculty in 2016. She has over 20 years of teaching experience. In addition to her classroom instruction, Miss Cole is the Freshman Volleyball Coach. In her spare time, she enjoys riding horses.
- BS in Physical Education K-12, Chemistry, Spring Arbor University
- Natural Science Endorsement, Saginaw Valley State University
Secondary Art Teacher
Mr. Costello joined the faculty at PCA in 2017. He had been a substitute teacher for the past three years and served as the Middle School Girls Basketball coach from 2013-2015. He is an avid photographer and has had photos, drawings, and sculptures exhibited while studying at MSU. Mr. Costello also coaches Middle School Tennis and Boys Varsity Lacrosse and is a member of the Michigan High School Lacrosse Coaches Association Hall of Fame.
- BA in Studio Art, Michigan State University
- Radio and TV Broadcasting, Specs Howard School of Broadcast Arts
Secondary English Teacher
Mrs. Curley joined the PCA faculty in 2015. While in college, Mrs. Curley studied abroad in Thailand and spent her summers working with teens at Spring Hill Camp. She taught English, Creative Writing, and Drama at one of Detroit’s premier gifted and talented schools for four years prior to joining the PCA team.
- BS in Education, Double Major in English and Religion, Minor in Speech, Central Michigan University
High School Mathematics Teacher
Mrs. Groen has been a member of the PCA faculty since 2010. She teaches Algebra 1, Algebra 2, Algebra Foundations, and Financial Algebra. She is a sponsor for the Class of 2019.
- BS in Secondary Math Education, Grace College
Middle School Science Teacher
Mrs. Hope has been a member of the PCA faculty since 2002. She has over 20 years of teaching experience, having taught Pre-K through college as an Adjunct Professor. She has been teaching middle school Science at PCA since 2008.
- BS in Teacher Education: Science and Social Science (K-8), Eastern Michigan University
- MA in Teacher Education: Curriculum & Instruction, Eastern Michigan University
High School Science Teacher
Mrs. Hott has been a member of the PCA faculty since 1999. She teaches Secondary Chemistry. She also serves as the sponsor for the Class of 2018 and the Elementary Science Lab Coordinator.
- BS, Purdue University
- MS, Purdue University
Middle School English
Miss Huff joined the PCA team in 2016 as a substitute teacher. Prior to her work at PCA, in August of 2016, she received her English as a Second Language endorsement, after teaching a literacy focused summer school course in Ann Arbor for 7th grade students. Her unique educational background fosters a classroom that builds an awareness of the many gifts God has given us, including an understanding of language and communication as well as reading, writing, and analysis skills. In her free time, Miss Huff enjoys playing with her nieces and nephew, in addition to enjoying the outdoors with her dog.
- BS in Human Development and Family Science, Ohio State University
- MA in Elementary Education with a Major in English Language Arts (K-8), University of Michigan
High School Spanish
Mrs. Jarrell joined the PCA faculty in 2016. She has previously taught in the Philippine Islands and Florida before returning to Michigan. In addition to teaching High School Spanish, she is starting a PCA Spanish Club this year.
- BS in Education, Major in Elementary Education and Minor in Spanish Special Education, Slippery Rock State University, Pennsylvania
- MS in Literacy Education, Madonna University
High School Bible Teacher
Miss Koppin has been a member of the PCA faculty since 1988. During her years at PCA, she has filled the role of elementary teacher, secondary teacher, secondary counselor, and middle school coordinator. She currently teaches 9th and 10th grade Bible.
- BS in Elementary Education, Taylor University
- MA in Reading, Indiana University
High School Mathematics & Physics Teacher
Mr. Murray has been a member of the PCA faculty since 2010. He is a sponsor for both the Class of 2019 and the PCA Student Council.
- BS in Mathematics/Physics
- BS in Mechanical Engineering
- MA in Secondary Mathematics/Physics
High School Social Studies Teacher
Mrs. Parsons joined the PCA staff in 1991 and served as the high school counselor until 2004. She returned as a member of the PCA faculty in 2012. She teaches Government, Economics, AP Government, Civil and Criminal Law.
- BA in History and Political Science, Calvin College
- MA in Guidance and Counseling, Eastern Michigan University
Secondary English Teacher
Mrs. Ramos joined the PCA faculty in 2017 and teaches American Literature, 9th Grade English, and Speech and Debate. Prior to PCA, Mrs. Ramos taught English as a long-term substitute at several different public high schools in Oakland County. Mrs. Ramos is currently pursuing an endorsement in Special Education – Learning Disabilities at Eastern Michigan University.
- BA in English Education, Lee University
Secondary Performing Arts Teacher
Mrs. Rossi joined the PCA faculty in 2016 and teaches high school film, musical theatre, choreography, and a middle school theatre course. She is the artistic director for the PCA Theatre 2016-2017 season. Mrs. Rossi and her husband serve as the sponsors for the Class of 2020.
- BMEd in Music Education, Minor in Theatre Arts, Taylor University
High School Bible Teacher
Mr. Rossi joined the PCA faculty in 2016 and teaches a variety of high school Bible courses including Gospels, Apologetics, Christ and Culture, and others. Mr. Rossi and his wife serve as the sponsors for the Class of 2020.
- BA in Biology, Minor in Biblical Studies, Taylor University
Middle School & High School Social Studies Teacher
Mr. Schmidt originally joined the PCA faculty in 2000 until 2008. He returned in 2014 to teach 8th grade History, AP U.S. History, and Intro to Psychology/Sociology. He is a co-sponsor of the Class of 2018.
- BS in History and Social Sciences, Eastern Michigan University
Secondary Business Technology & Robotics Director
Mrs. Wash has been a member of the PCA faculty since 2011. She teaches Secondary Business Technology, eighth grade Computer Applications and seventh grade Typing. She also serves as the coordinator for the elementary and secondary robotics program.
- BA in English, Berea College
- Currently pursuing a graduate degree in Online Education, Wilkes Barre University
Middle School Bible Teacher
Mr. Wenning has been a member of the PCA faculty since 2008. He teaches 7th and 8th grade Bible classes. His ministry experience included six years in missions, four years in the Air Force, and ten years in Pastoral Ministry. He taught in a previous Christian school for 20 years and was a school administrator for 16 years. He has obtained two lifetime administrative certifications (elementary and secondary) from ACSI.
- BS, Indiana University
- Bible Certificate, Moody Bible Institute
- Master of Divinity, Western Seminary